Effective Date: January 1, 2016
- Guiding Principles
- Document Organization
- Underage Persons
- Third Party Sites
- Special Notice to Users Outside of the United States of America
- Reserved, Unused
- Information Collected on All Users, Generally
- Information Collected on Registered Users
- Information Collected on Our Contact Us Page
- cookie. A small file that the Websites or Services may request a user’s browser to store on the user’s computer. Cookies are limited in size and may be used to store a variety of temporary or persistent data.
- non-personal information. Information that cannot be directly tied back to you as an individual. Examples of non-personal information includes but is not limited to the IP address you are using to access the Websites or Services and the browser name and version you are using while accessing the Websites or Services.
- optional information. Information is that is not required by us for routine operation of the Websites or Services. In cases where information is optional, we do not demand, encourage, or discourage the submission of the information. The choice to provide optional information entirely rests upon the user’s personal preference. There are no penalties or advantages for providing or withholding optional information.
- personal information. Information that ties you as an individual to the information presented. Examples include but are not limited to your name, address, and electronic mail address.
- We will only collect the minimal amount of information necessary to conduct the business of the Websites and Services.
- We will not use your personal information for direct marketing or sales techniques (sometimes called a push strategy) of our products and services.
- We will not give, sell, or share (collectively, “release”) your information with or to a third party, except (1) as required by law or an order of a court of competent jurisdiction or (2) as expressly permitted by you prior to any release.
The computer software used to deliver the content of the Websites and Services may require the ability to store cookies on your computer. This is particularly true if you are a Registered User currently logged into the Websites or Services. These cookies are sometimes referred to as “session cookies” and are used to maintain your login session or other preferences or settings related the smooth and seamless operation of the Website and Services. We do not install and do not permit installation of so called “tracking cookies” or “third party tracking cookies”. If you consent to use the Websites or Services as a Registered User, you agree to accept these cookies. If cookies are disabled on your browser, the website may not function correctly.
This section is reserved for future terms, if needed.
- Information We Collect. The information we collect on all users of the Websites or Services is typical of industry-standard web servers. This information is exclusively non-personal information. This information generally includes, but is not limited to, the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Websites or Services and the name and version of the browser you are using.
- How We Use The Information. The Center uses this information to measure and evaluate the usage of the Websites and Services. Some or all of this non-personal information may be processed by a third party. This data helps us make decisions with respect to popular Services and optimization of the Websites and Services. We do not routinely attempt to link this non-personal information with the personal identity of a specific user. Such an attempt would only be made in extraordinary circumstances such as resolving a security breach or under order from a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Required Information. There is no required, personal information related to this section.
- Opt-out and Alternatives to Providing Required Information. There is no required, personal information related to this section.
- Information We Collect. When you register for an account on the Websites, you are prompted for certain personal information. Some of this information is required and some is optional. Required personal information includes, but is not limited to, (1) your given name, (2) your surname, and (3) your electronic mail address. Optional personal information includes, but is not limited to, (1) a personal or professional website address, (2) instant messaging screen names, and (3) your Facebook profile address.
- Required Information. We need the required information to be able to establish you as a Registered User. The primary use of a Registered User account is to participate in the Dynamic Blog service. On the Dynamic Blog service, we wish to engage in constructive and erudite dialog on a variety of topics. The authors of Dynamic Blog articles post their names with what they write and we expect the same of users participating in the discussion. Bluntly, if being an anonymous Internet troll sprinkling ignorance and vitriol everywhere is your goal, our Websites and Services are not a welcome place for you.
- Information We Collect. When you submit a contact request on the Strub Caulkins Center for Suicide Research Contact Us page (http://www.suicideresearch.org/contact-us), we request some required, personal information, specifically your name and electronic mail address. The page contains a prompt for a telephone number which is classified as optional, personal information. The message you include may or may not contain personal information depending on what you enter. You are also prompted to provide an area of inquiry which is classified as optional, non-personal information.
- How We Use The Information. We use the information from the Contact Us page to respond to your inquiry and gather additional information, if necessary. The required and optional information you provide on the Contact Us page is neither retained on nor available to the Websites. After clicking the “Send” button, the information you provided is sent to a special electronic mail address that has restricted access. We will never use your contact information for push marketing or sales strategies for us or any third party.
- Required Information. We need the required information in order to process and reply to your request or to contact you if we need additional information.
- Opt-out and Alternatives to Providing Required Information. There is no way to opt-out of providing the required information nor are there any alternative methods available to supply the information. If you do not wish to provide the information, you will not be able to use the Contact Us page.
Return to top
Effective Date: January 1, 2016